Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Little Gold Turtle

Christmas stresses me out. Every year. I'm always broke, it comes too soon and I don't know what to get Sara so I wait until the last minute to get anything. One year I was doing the stressing thing as usual, I got her some presents and I was just online shopping around and I saw this silly little gold turtle pendant that reminded me of when we were in Maui, so as a "nothing" gift I got it for her, feeling kinda stupid when I did. I'm not sure if that was 2 or 3 years ago. But I bet neither I nor Sara could tell you what her "main" present was. She cherishes that silly little turtle like it's a family heirloom. This year she told me she doesn't care if she gets anything else, but that little turtle is in her purse and needs the clasp fixed. That's what she asked for. Christmas isn't about the amount you spend, I guess it's about the love you give the present with? 

No comments:

Post a Comment