Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What's it all about?

I got asked what this blog is about. It stumped me. "uhh, it's about me and things. I don't know, stuff." I actually created it like a year ago with the lofty ambition to write about my past and how it is affecting my future. Hence the name Then and Now. I thought I might have something to say, I was worried I might forget some things so I should write them down. I didn't really expect anyone to read it. Then I got busy, I started my photography business and it had it own blog and facebook page that I spend a lot of time on. So I let this one linger.

I'm not the best writer (shhhh don't tell my boss, I play one at work). Or maybe I just hold myself up to higher standards considering two of my best friends are copywriters. Hmmm, is that a prepositional phrase? Are my participles dangling? What would Jocelyn do? So I hesitated to write.

I also don't like to be pressured to write. When you do it for a living it's like OK, 1,2,3 GO, BE CREATIVE. And that makes me anything but creative. I also didn't like the idea of having to write something everyday. Some days I have nothing to say. Other days I have lots to say.

But then I made a new friend, her name is Missy and she has a blog which you can check out here and I started reading it and realized, wow, she's just talking about stuff. Her stuff. And I decided I had some things to say. So here's my blog, about stuff. And umm, stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment